Saturday, October 19, 2002

It's so weird to be home.

I mean, it's been *two months* since I've been home, and now I'm here, typing on the couch on a labtop with a purring cat at my feet wondering why Senator John McCain is hosting SNL. It's a whole lot better than sitting on my dorm room lofted bed, writing in my theatre book (which I really should be writing in) wondering why Senator John McCain is hosting SNL. (Why is he on?!? Isn't that against Congress's morals or something?) I guess there isn't much difference, but there's just something nice about being able to spread out, throw stuff around, and not have to pick up after myself.

I got in Thursday night, so I went to my old high school on Friday. I must've spent nearly an hour just wandering around the halls, trying to figure out where stuff was again. I also did the old "talk to old teachers so they can brag and forget about their class and talk to you, saving the students" thing. Boy, that needs a shorter title. My favorite part was choir, when I just wandered around the back of the room, starting with the sopranos and singing warm-ups with the altos. I don't think Mrs. Cox even realized I was there. I love how she's always so oblivious to the world. It gives me something I can count on. Then, we even won the homecoming football game that night. (We swamped the other team: 38 to 12 [hey, that's "swamping" for us]) I ended up falling asleep on this same couch that I mentioned earlier. I'm feeling like I'm going to fall asleep on it right now, but I want to see Weekend Update. Stop doing dumb bits with the senator--give me Tina and Jimmy!!

No comments: