Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Oh, anyway, rest of Tuesday. Tuesday was a big day, probably to make up for the sheer boring-ness of Monday. Biggest news of the day: I'm now a percussionist! Yes, I know, how does a sweet little innocent flute suddenly switch to the dark side and join the percussion? Easy--because she hates her flute and wants to do something new!

Now that marching band is winding down, Truman's holding auditions for the concert band. I wasn't sure I wanted to be in concert band, but I did kinda want the extra hour credit (now that I'm double majoring 16.5 credits makes me happier than 15.5). Still, since I hadn't practiced and kinda wanted free time, I went to cross my name off the audition list. Then, I ran into my flute section leader, who told me she's playing percussion for concert band. I think y'all can see where I'm going with this. A couple conversations with band directors later, I'm an offical percussionist. I'm not sure what exactly I'll play--probably something of the mallet variety--but I know that I'm looking forward to it a whole lot more than playing flute!

*One Last Thing* --- Now that I'm starting to receive Scholastic mail from my mom's book fair project, I think I'll start a grand tally on here (because I'm sure y'all are just as fascinated by it as I am).
Tuesday's Total

Hannah: 15 Debbie: 8

Feel free to make bets about who gets more, when, or whatever you like. I call 10% on all winning bets.

No comments: