Saturday, October 12, 2002

Okay, I'll admit right up front (because I promised I would) that I completely stole the idea of publishing a weblog from Caleb. I'm sure I'm just as busy as he is, and--besides--I'm worse about contacting people. So, now all y'all can just read my rants about....well, whatever I have to rant about. I'm sure I'll cover a wide range of topics by the time I finally get sick of this. (Or you guys do. Whichever comes first.) (Is "whichever" even a word? It doesn't look right.) We'll see how this works to start out with, though, before I pass judgement and end the whole thing.

So....about the name. "Life is Like Toast" comes from a quote I love (even enough to use in a Hagan paper junior year) by Amy K. Rosenthal (you know--the "15 Megabytes of Fame" chick that makes me giggle so much). The full thing is "Life is like toast: one second your toast is fine, pleasingly brown; the next second it is burnt." One moment our lives reach perfection, but--if we don't watch out--we'll get burnt and loose it all. Kinda a downer way to think about toast, I know, but it's also a good philosophy. Enjoy each moment, because you never know when the toaster coils will get really hot and burn your toast.

Anybody else kinda hungry now? Maybe just me. I think I'll skip the food and just go to bed, as it's now 12:17 a.m. Hey, happy Saturday, y'all and go Bulldogs football! Don't get cocky and lose your homecoming game, okay? Thanks.

Goodnight, and here goes nothing.....[publish, please]

No comments: