Friday, November 15, 2002

(For those of you who care: Yes, I feel better now (I think it might've been the scrambled eggs I ate this morning), and--far as I know--no one's dead. Although, I did obsessively check my messages today, just in case.

Anyway.

Once I got past the whole "overwhelming feeling of dread" thing, this was a great day. More than that....we need a thesaurus to accuratly describe today. Today, Friday, November 15, was a wonderful, extraordinary, marvelous, astonighing, amazing remarkable, astounding day! (Thank you Webster's Classic Reference Library Thesaurus (new revised edition), copyright 2001) First of all, I found out I don't have a math test on Monday, which means I don't have to worry about it this weekend. And, I already finished my math homework, so I don't have to think about math at all, if I don't want to. (And, oh, do I not want to think about functions class.) I planned out an entirely new replacement schedule, just in case the lab slotdoesn't work out, so I don't have to fret about that. ["Fret" is a very British-sounding word; don't you think so?] I tracked down my theatre advisor, so both schedules are completely approved and ready to register on Tuesday. While I *did* have marching band, it lasted for less than an hour (to quote my SA Alicen: "Sweet!"), and--by going--I found out that a group of flutes were meeting to go to Harry Potter in the evening. So, that's how I ended up on a road trip to Macon, Missouri at five thirty today.

Interestingly enough, when we arrived, there was no one (no one) there, so we left for supper (Burger King; I am now the proud owner of a Simpsons Kid's Meal toy) to eat something more substatial than popcorn. When we got back, however, the place was packed (of course), and we ended up sitting in the *very* *front* *row.* Dead center. This, of course, added a new and interesting twist to the movie, as anytime something popped out, it looked like it was going to attack us. [MINOR MOVIE SPOILER: yeah, and that snake at the end? Don't even get me started on how freaky it is to have *that* look like it's going to attack you.]

And, I don't know why this made the whole trip totally worthwhile, but the movie theater was selling supplies left over from their haunted corn maze (the "maize maze," as they called it--yes, this is more of a hick town than Sullivan; scary, eh?), so I'm now the proud owner of a safari helmet. (For $1.00, no less)

So, moral: tomorrow may suck, but at least I'll have today to remember forever. And that's good enough for me.

No comments: