Monday, November 18, 2002

Interesting news on the math front......

I was talking to my friend Steve (he also takes elementary functions, although the hour before me, so we work on problems together--he finds it vastly amusing that I have a calculator named "Steve") and he says that since the professor (Dr. Knight) has been gone for so long, the math department is considering whether or not he'll get to retain his teaching position next semester. Apparently, he wasn't supposed to be gone this long, and no one's sure what to do anymore. We were supposed to have a test today (according to the schedule), but he didn't leave a copy behind, so we didn't have it. (That was a *yay* moment, if I ever saw one.) We're not even sure when we'll actually take it, if ever.

Crazy, huh? I just hope I get to make up that first test after Thanksgiving like we were promised at the begining of the year. Otherwise, rest of the class or not, my final grade will kinda go downhill.

No comments: