Wednesday, December 11, 2002

God bless Reading Day!

For those of you not blessed with a Truman education, reading day is when all classes are canceled so the students can study for their finals the next day. Of course, this actually means that we all stayed up late the night before, slept in today, and did basically nothing between waking up and going to bed tonight. What exactly did *I* do? I actually got up around 8-ish, and ate breakfast with the three only other people in the dining hall. I took advantage of the great bandwith this morning (who else was up?), and made gingerbread houses with my hall this afternoon. Then, I got locked out and spent a long time in the library (I wasn't going to pay the buck to get back into my room because I didn't know where Debbie had gone and, therefore, when she'd get back.) reading Newsweek and talking to Jolene (we used lots of "sure things" and plays off of lines from the show until all the people actually studying in the library gave us enough looks that I left). This evening I started making garland out of packing peanuts (after I frolic in them for awhile), and learned how to crochet from Kristen while watching most of Evita and up to the balcony scene of Romeo and Juliet (I add the link so you know which version).

Highlights of the day:
* someone gave me Paul Newman brand popcorn, which has a big picture of his face on the package. I'll never be able to pop this stuff.
* finally getting my gingerbread house perfect in time to watch it all fall apart into a perfect pile of pieces, ready for me to stack and eat
* Coming up with band names---look out world, here comes Sticky Boob and the Cheesy Pants!
* No classes meant no scholarship class....no scholarship class meant no wasting my time....no wasting my time meant I didn't have to watch the guy with the shiny bald head talk! Triple yay!

No comments: