Monday, December 02, 2002

Oh, Dear Lord, My Mother is Going to Kill Me

I was just looking through my old high school English notebook from last year, trying to find some old papers on documentation (the MLA--happily--isn't completely stuck in my head! Rejoice!), when I found a magazine. Checked out to my mother. From May 19, 2001. (Yes, 2001. I'd think it was a misprint, but that's the year on the cover of the magazine, also.)

So, conundrum time. Since she doesn't know, and the library's probably given up hope on it by now--where does that leave this poor copy of Entertainment Weekly? (And, I mean "poor" in more ways than one: the cover story is about The Mummy Returns)

I think I'm going to hope that this is one of the copies I bought from the library before the lady found out she wasn't supposed to sell them. How to explain the card, then? Maybe they're lazy? Oh, golly.

No comments: