Monday, February 17, 2003

UGH! Stop eating my posts! (And I'm not even on Merv!)

Anyway.

Today was a mostly good day (although it's obviously gone downhill since dinner). I did a great job on my monologue--I even "completely terrified" one of my classmates (yes, this is a good thing)--and didn't even feel naseous about it like I did on Friday. Then, I found out we were supposed to do our voice readings of "Jabberwocky," which I, like most of the class, forgot about, so my friend Ben and I ended up doing a dramatic reading that was 2 parts Disney (and Sterling Holloway), 3 parts Muppets, and 5 parts really goofy hand motions. Oh, yes, we were loved by all.

Later, I ended up having an hour long conversation with Jolene, who I did One-Acts with last semester, about how the snow screwed up her travel plans (she drove up today instead of yesterday afternoon, lucky girl), among other things, instead of working on my Spanish workbook. I also had an extended conversation with Masai, one of the international students, about how much homework we both had and how easy it would be to just jump off the roof and make interesting designs in the snow beneath.

Dinner was probably the last great part of the day, as we finally invited too many people to eat at the same time and couldn't squeeze everyone around one round table. This meant we "ostricized" half to the next table over. Somehow, one table turned into the U.S. and the other into Canada (which was naturally the one I was at), leaving us no choice but to sing a couple choruses of "Blame Canada," debate why so many Canadians live close to the border (I argued it was to be close to the malls which the beautiful Canadian wilderness has no room for), and successfully annex "Idaho" (my friend Meredith) into part of Quebec. Supper tonight ranked up with the time we debated Hamlet and killer monkeys all at the same time.

Must go study now. I don't really want to, but I also don't especially wish to fail. Danged over-achieverness!

No comments: