Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Happy Tax Day!

I've already spent my refund check (although it was only $25 and I bought a nice skirt), how about y'all? Here's the Tuesday question post.

1. File taxes as early as possible, or wait until the last possible minute? file early; you get the check faster that way

2. File electronically, or mail paper forms? I can't manage my *blog* properly half the time, I'm not going to give myself an extra opportunity to screw up my taxes

3. Prepare your own taxes, or have someone do it for you? as long as my dad will do my taxes for me I'll be eternally grateful

4. Are you a saver or a spender? I think we answered that with the skirt (but it's a nice skirt)

5. Do you prefer to carry cash, or pay with plastic (credit/debit cards), or by check? I never have any cash, so I have to stick with my checkbook

6. You're broke and desperately need a job, but the only places that are hiring are retail or fast food places. Which would you pick? retail...there's already few places I would eat at without me eliminating ones where I knew exactly what went into the meal

7. Keeping track of your money: are you more meticulous or careless about it? considering I had two checkbook errors [though in my favor--yay!] for nearly six months without me noticing, I'm going to have to lean toward careless

8. What do you do if you find yourself with a lot of change weighing down your purse/pocket/wallet? Do you try to spend it to *get rid of it*, or do you put it in a jar or a piggy bank? I have a penny jar at home I should empty and I general change cup at college (I adore alliteration) that I add to after shopping

9. Which form of fake money do you like better...Monopoly money or those chocolate coins covered with gold foil? dude, how do you turned down chocolate?

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You find a wallet containing $5,000 in cash, as well as several credit cards and the owner's drivers' license. Your rent is due tomorrow and you're short $200. Do you take the money (some or all of it) and mail back the wallet anonymously...or do you return the wallet with all contents intact? I'm such a goody-two-shoes, I'd mail it all back.

No comments: