Wednesday, April 30, 2003

No Dr. Laura for me

I don't know why I find it easier to talk about my emotional/relationship/whatever problems with guys instead of girls. It's not like I'm in competition with all the other "wimmenfolk" around me. Nor do I wish some gallant guy to go out and "break somebody's knees" for me (though I did get an offer once, even if I didn't take him up on it). I'd guess it's because I really don't go *splah* on people very often, and somehow guys--as opposed to girls--always end up being around when it happens purely by chance, except I'm more apt to go out and seek a male point of view whenever I'm looking for a deep opinion. Or, maybe, subconsciously it happens because I'm trying to say "Hey, look! I trust you because I like you! Over here with the tears!" I'd say I don't bond with girls the same way I do with boys, but I don't think that's true. I believe the same trust, caring, whatnot is there in *all* my friendships, I just talk about different things with different people.

What brought this on? Apparently, yesterday while I was suddenly flipping out and desperately needing someone to calm me down, my friend John was going through the exact same thing (all this came up this afternoon). Yeah, I'm cool now, it just struck me as weird that (A) we both felt the same way at nearly the exact same time, (B) I couldn't put the emotion into words until I was talking with a couple of my guy friend from acting class, and (C) I spaz on guys all the time, but hardly ever on girls (though Sam and Jennifer could tell some tales...).

Just sharing. What else is a blog for?

No comments: