Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"What? Okay!"

I think these 10-12 play rehearsals are going to kill me because I'm always so awake once practice ends that I can't fall asleep and end up posting weird reflective things [below] until I feel sufficiently sleepy. *Sigh.*

Anyway, I'll update, since I sometimes neglect that purpose of this blog. I spent most of history class trying not to fall asleep and the majority of Brit Lit doodling in the margins of my notebook instead of paying attention to the presentations on Joseph Conrad (who's a great big bore, by the way). I *did* un-zone long enough to present my research, which once again clashed with the prof's own views. By now, though, it's her fault for continuing to give me the topic of women in whatever we're reading because--for some unknown reason--my searchs only find criticism from feminists ranting about how much the author despises and/or represes the women in the novel and I take that, tone it down, and end up with the complete opposite viewpoint of the professor. This is the third time she's done this to me....I should just stop researching things and make it up once I get there; I'd probably have a better chance of fitting whatever she's actually looking for instead of the outside source I'm supposedly trying to find.

One Act News! We had our first full cast practice (or "stumble-through," as we affectionately called it) to run everything and learn transitions. If everything goes to schedule, we'll perform on Saturday, May 3, which is supposedly the day that works best for my family so maybe they'll actually come this time. I dunno, though....is there a high school choir something that weekend?

I'm starting to sound bitter. That means I'm sleepy. Good--the sooner I go to bed, the more sleep between myself and calc.

No comments: