Thursday, May 15, 2003

Dream a Little Dream of Me

It's an odd way to miss college, but I've had dreams featuring college people (although all theatre people, which is weird in itself) for the past three nights. As with all my dreams, none of them make much sense, but I feel like sharing anyway. [Non-TSU people bear with me as I college-name and place drop all over the place. Thanks.]

Monday night was possibly the weirdst of the three, so I'll keep it short. Not only was I competing in a beauty pagent featuring a robe/pajamas category (much like the swimsuit one, it was all about legs), but Matt Lagemann was my fashion coordinator. I woke up before I heard his decision, but I think he was going to pick the plaid robe.

Tuesday night was the weekly Smith-Slaby trip to the Muny (if the Muny suddenly looked like one of those show pavillions at Walt Disney World and performed every show of the season each night), somehow run by my one-act stage manager, Jami, who made me go and introduce each show. I'd just gotten back from introducing "Tom Sawyer"--which I'd introduced as "Showboat," I think--when I heard a "Hannah?" from behind. I turned around, and saw John (who, for the record, actually works at the Muny and thus is the only TSU person I'll have a chance to see this summer without making much effort), who said hi and went off to talk to other people, including A.J.

Wednesday [last] night, Truman was putting on a talent show in VH1000, where they show movies all the time. I was hanging out with Steve, my second scene partner and listening to Stephanie Bell sing a medley of "Someone to Watch Over Me," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and "Somewhere Out There" (the last of which performed in the style of the mouse--although I don't think that was intentional). I was supposed to sing after her, but suddenly couldn't remember what I was supposed to sing. Mrs. Hewkin (who was the accompanist, for some reason) didn't have any music on the piano, so I started brainstorming with Rachel Kempf [from my one-act] until I finally woke up.

No comments: