Thursday, May 08, 2003

Sunshine day!

Okay, so actually it's hideously cloudy outside, but I think my gigantic birthday smile is brightening things up a bit.

First up: Meredith, Krista, Megan, etc...you guys rock! For those of you who aren't college students (especially Truman ones), the main way of communicating to the general population is to go out and write your message in chalk on the sidewalks spanning campus. The three of them (and unknown minions) went all over the campus (ALL over--I'm sure I haven't seen half of it yet) and chalked up different (both in variety and style) birthday messages. I'm using SO MUCH film taking pictures of all of them (or at least, some of the better ones, though I'm bummed that there's no good way to take a picture of the one in the fountain).

Ooh! Sun just popped out!

Secondly: I don't know who had my name on the birthday committee, but y'all did a gosh-darn-it wonderful job on my door. I was a little bummed not to have decorations when I left for my Brit Lit final (which when fine, thanks), but youns made up for it when I came back and had a door covered in balloons and streamers. Unfortunately, the open window [good, creepy story] in my room made it a little hard to actually close the door. I spent a good five minutes trying to close the door without catching *all* the streamers. It didn't quite work and I think half of them fell down, but I was laughing too hard to notice.

I've been laughing a lot today. I'm not doing song cues as much as yesterday, but I'm laughing like an eight-year-old with a container of bubbles. Maybe I should stop eating my candy bracelet and let the sugar leave my system.

No comments: