Thursday, June 19, 2003

Another Op'nin', Another Show

The Muny opened this week, which means the [now] annual Slaby-Smith trip occurred Tuesday (although this time it also included a Smith dad and Tyler Harms). The opener wasn't one of my favorite shows--Fiddler on the Roof (I like certain songs better than the entire thing)--and it wasn't the greatest Muny show ever, but I still teared up at the end when the lone fiddler plays the family out of the town, so it was worth it. Plus, we stopped for Krispy Kreams on the way home, listened to the guys in the sound booth sing along with the songs, ate graham crackers with icing during intermission, and chatted up a storm (though not in the car on the way back, when we nearly all fell asleep). Best of all, I ran into (okay, searched out with binoculars) John from my acting class and talked for awhile before singing showtunes and letting him get back to his job.

Next week: Sondheim! Delightful musical twisted-ness!

No comments: