Thursday, June 19, 2003

But...it's so pretty

Two bits of Wal-Mart news (the title's for the second):

* In a Sally Field moment of "You really like me!," I somehow gained an extra 23 cents (they rounded up) on my hourly wage which will be nice with all that overtime that I apparently have to take between now and inventory day (piece of advice: don't go to Wal-Mart on July 9th). Apparently, I also have management potential because they want to teach me to cut keys and mix paint (even though I'm never on that side of the store), though why I would want to work at Wal-Mart the rest of my life is beyond me.

* Sullivan's shipment of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix showed up in the back stock area yesterday afternoon. All that stands between me and what looks like a zillion blessed (and blessedly thick) books is a measly layer of plastic wrap to hold them all together. That, and the fact that I'd probably lose both my pay raise and my summer job if I pulled one off, even just to read during breaks. Does that make me stop dreaming about reading a chapter or so during breaks? Of course not. Hopefully my willpower will hold out.

No comments: