Saturday, June 21, 2003

Harry Potter and the Extravagent Discount

Until about four o'clock this afternoon, I wasn't planning on messing with Wal-Mart's pile of Harry Potter books since I had one sitting pre-ordered in Scholastic's warehouse (along with a giftbag, so I'm told). However, then I decided just to grab one, read the first chapter, and leave slightly fullfilled for Saturday's car trip. Not purchase it, or anything....just feel slightly superior for having read it first.

Do you know how much Wal-Mart sold the books for? $16.17. With an employee discount, that's only $15.27. Compare that to the $29 and change for the list price.

No, I didn't buy one. But Caleb did. He hadn't pre-ordered one (no pencils and measly tokens for him!), but it sounded like a good enough deal to him. We both popped over to Wal-Mart, stood in line, snacked on chips, and conversed (how British sounding of me) with those around us until they finally started handing out the very blue books.

I just finished the first chapter. I obviously don't want to say anything, but GOOD LORD. She's not wasting any time in this one, is she? And....about that last part: I *knew* it! I knew when he said that in the last one, that it was totally what it could possibly be.

I love being vague. I'm going to sleep now. Well, I'm going to bed--I'll probably think about Harry Potter for awhile.

(Hopefully not that weird "Harry Potter and the Coffee Pots" dream I had last night....weird stuff.)

No comments: