Friday, June 06, 2003

One step closer to punk princess status

I was bored this morning, so I got a second hole pierced in my ears. Obviously, this isn't a time-filler I can use often (probably one more time, tops, and even then I'll start hitting cartildge), but I did today.

Nobody in my family has noticed yet.

Sure, I was only home [with other people around] for about forty minutes this evening and--since I hadn't planned on waking up and piercing my ears this morning--few people knew what had happened. I don't plan on telling anyone, however (beyond this post), and instead want to see how long it takes some people to notice my sparkly whim. In fact, I'd prefer anyone who reads this *not* to tell, oh, my mother for one, just because I want to scientifically see how long it takes her to notice the additional ear wear.

For those who know the story of my first ear piercing (let's just say, I freaked and ended up spending time hiding in the bathroom next to the Claire's outlet store where the female members of my extended family drove me on the day after Christmas), this one was much calmer. It took a couple minutes to decide on the actual stud (silver or fake-diamond? silver or fake-diamond?--who are we kidding...I love sparkly things too much to pass them up, even when fake), but after that I just sat and [not freaking out-ly] had the nice (hopefully highly trained) lady poke holes in my skin and I walked out of the store. Quite calm. Dang, I just realized I didn't even use my discount card. Dude...now I'm going to flip--hey, there's your drama for the whim!

My posts get weird when I stop typing to listen to late night, and start typing again. I should stop that.

No comments: