Thursday, July 10, 2003

Getting to Know You

Lots of those "fun" survey things keep popping up in my email inbox, but they never have truly interesting questions. In an effort to go beyond the "favorite color/car/calorie" thing, I offer you this:

* There is no more glorious piece of classical/jazz music genius than Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" and no one could ever convince me otherwise.

* In [kinda] the same vein...there is no greater Truman dining hall meal than the fish sticks with the real cheese macaroni and no one could ever convince me otherwise.

* A note to all middle-aged men shopping at Wal-Mart: just because I work there and have to listen to you talk doesn't mean you get to call me "hon" and "sweetie" or even flirt with me. It started out kinda funny, but now it's just annoying. I am "miss" or "ma'am" or "Hannah" (if you see my name badge thing), but nothing else.

* I think the role I'd most love to play is Evita, except it'll never happen because I look hideous as a blonde. And I'm not an alto.

* I have thought at different times but with the same amount of passion "Wow, I'd like to see that" about "Chicago" (understandable), "The Lizzie Maguire Movie" (Italy and Vespas!), and "From Justin to Kelly" (just sad, I know).

* Currently on my "Must Buy" DVD list? "Jerry Maguire," "10 Things I Hate About You," and "The Best of the Muppet Show."

* My college years are turning me into a first grader again: my current favorite snacks are goldfish and teddy grahams (and from the end of March onward my fridge never ran out of Kool-Aid Bursts and those Handi-Snacks crackers).

* It started as a joke, but now I'm starting to think it's true: depending on the flavor and number involved, I could be cajoled into almost anything with Pop Rocks.

No comments: