Monday, July 07, 2003

One post per week isn't bad

The more I try to stay current, the harder it becomes for me to slow down and post. Of course, I blame Wal-Mart and traveling to grandparents' house and not my own reluctance to pound out something that doesn't sound idiotic (not that it always works out that way...)

So, what's been keeping me so incredibly busy? I'll tell you....assasination style! (Aaron Baker, wherever you are, I just stole your joke.)

* I figured out that all my Truman friends had been emailing me more and more worried sounding emails to my Truman account (as opposed to Hotmail, which I actually check) over the course of the past month.

* I mowed the lawn. Sure, it's not a big deal to anyone else, but I haven't mowed for over three years. Why did I pick Tuesday to change it all?--I was bored. As I've already demonstrated this summer (second hole in my ears), I do strange things when I'm bored.

* I finished my freshman year scrapbook. I'd actually had the inside done for about a week, but I'd wanted to change the cover and purchased ribbon with the money my mother gave me for mowing (I should do that more often. But wear gloves.).

* Speaking of the gloves: I didn't while mowing and ended up with lots of blisters and almost-blisters on my hands...which was great fun when I went to work on Wednesday.

* Wal-Mart became so increadiby busy on Thursday, I spent four and a half hours up at the cash registers (yay, overtime!). After the first two hours, I was ready to pull out my boxcutter and kill a few customers. After my break (and a fun run-in with Kovar, where she was showing me off to her mother as her mother tried to show her daughter off to me), however I no longer wanted to harm the nice people. I might've scared them with all that singing to the cash drawer, though. Oh, and I have the loudest "no waiting on [number here]" of all the cashiers working Thursday night.

* Friday morning (much much much too early for the girl who did overtime Thursday night) we left for the grandparents who live outside of Kansas City where we shopped (yeah, $6.99 CDs!), ate great food, and tried to stay out of the family issues.

* (I wasn't there, but I hope Kovar had a great wedding on Friday)

* Last night, Sam and Hope ran into me at Wal-Mart and invited me over to Ms. Karmie's house (Sam's house-sitting and Ms. Karmie said she could have as many parties over there as she wanted as long as she cleaned up afterward. Seriously.). I brought my remaining Orange Crush, a box of Pop-Rocks, and an egg (to make brownies; never happened). We watched "Phone Booth" (I was disappointed when Colin Farrell didn't die at the end) and Robin Williams "Live at the Met" special. There were chocolate chip cookies and the general absurdness of just hanging out in your old history teacher's house. I tried to remember some of the better lines, but I was too busy laughing my ears off to remember them all. I didn't get home until nearly four....although I probably would've just stayed the night if my parents actually had known where I was.

See, you can't expect me to keep up with blogging when I spend so much time out and about. Maybe if I had full-time internet like Truman...

No comments: