Friday, October 10, 2003

Ghost Dorm

It's eerily quiet in 3 North right now.

I guess that's what happens when you're surrounded by freshmen. The first chance to go home they're going to take and leave you far, far behind. I just hadn't realized how truly dead the hall was until I opened my door and could hear.....absolutely nothing. My music is on about a three right now because it doesn't have to compete with any rap, bad punk, Dean Martin, crazy Japanese music, country rodeo swirling in around me. I kinda wonder if it's just myself and our group (and the SA?) here right now. And that's still only four people if the SA is actually here.

I don't have suitemates right now, which is odd enough on its own. I'd accidentally left the bathroom locked all night and no one was upset this morning. When the alarm rang off and on for half an hour, no one cared. I keep running in to use the sink in the bathroom (Ryle's dining hall is closed and I'm not motivated to walk across campus for a sandwich) without knocking and I know I won't have to wait for someone to unlock my door.

The point? I don't know. But there's lots of silence for me to figure it out.

No comments: