Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I *always* do this!!!

I didn't mean for it to happen. Based on the first two callbacks, I didn't think it would happen this year. I know it's the big thing I should never, ever, ever do and why I have a hang-up with Lady Macbeth.

I got attached to a part.

In my defense, it's probably the one out of the four that I have the biggest chance of getting. It's from a play about a businessman father who's coming to pick up his 9-year old daughter and hour and a half late after her dance recital (he missed it because "something came up" at work). Now, we all know that I'm essentially a 7-year-old, so this wasn't much of a stretch to do. And there were a whole lot fewer girls than guys called back for this. I just don't know how that will work in my favor.

Why do I always get attached to thing? I know that if I get something--but it's not that--I'll feel disappointed with myself just because it's not the one I absolutely want. Can we all, like, plead with Crystal to give me this one? Or maybe we should ask me to stop obsessing, go brush my teeth, and jet off to the high school for mentoring/scholarhip hours stuff? Let's go with b, shall we?

No comments: