Friday, November 14, 2003

I can't believe she's not fake!

So, I was randomly wasting time because I was stuck on my Lit paper, so I decided to check out the credits of my author (she also did some screenplays). I clicked on a few links and, lo and behold, discovered that one featured none other than Swoosie Kurtz!!!

Okay, so now y'all are confused. Swoosie Kurtz (she's an actress named after an airplane!) is an actress mentioned by my character, Lisa, in my one-act. I totally thought she was completely made up. I mean, who names their kid "Swoosie," right? (Besides Mr. and Mrs. Kurtz, apparently.) It turns out Swoosie is actually really, really cool: she has two Tonys (including one that helped her get the Broadway Crown, all three major theatre roles for the same part in the same year), did all sorts of spiffy character work, and is still acting even today. And her TV show mentioned in the script is the cheesiest sounding thing ever.

Who knew, huh?

No comments: