Monday, November 10, 2003

(It's a good thing Crystal's laid back)

So, I was completely loopy at practice last night, which meant that--after I'd spent enough time with all of them--everyone was loopy by the end. Anyway, it was bad enough that we started pre-rehersal with "let's run lines, but actually try to make the other fall on the floor laughing," let alone that Crystal, the director, showed up during the slowest Eight Count Shakedown of all time (though that was because we were laughing again).

Then there was the complete inability to focus on *anything,* my dimples popping out in gigantic proportions ever time a line was screwed up on either side, all the inappropriate Prince songs, dancing around like an idiot instead of a 9-year old girl, and actually getting stuck to my chair by my script. Of course, the creme de la creme (or something else that is actually French and not my made-up version) of the entire evening was when there was a tiny bit of down time and...well, I don't remember exactly what was said anymore because I was laughing so increadibly hard, but it did involve the phrase "Walk it off!" screamed over and over again after John, the other dude in the scene, listed off various "accidents" that could happen to my character while dancing. Either way, we were both completely worthless for the next few minutes as, whenever we tried to start up the scene again and made eye contact, we'd burst into laughter again. We finally finished up for the night (mostly because I decided against actually looking at John for the rest of the scene), but everyone was still laughing until we got back to our respective rooms, I'm sure.

No comments: