Monday, December 08, 2003

That won't be in my theatre manifesto

Theatre means...collecting memorabilia from past shows! Through the recent acquisition of my tutu from my one act (sample conversation -- CRYSTAL: I wish I didn't have to drag all this home. ME: I'll take the tutu! CRYSTAL: You want to keep the tutu? ME: Can I?), I feel the need to list my past possessions gained from theatre experiences.

* "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" - giant NERDS box (so covered in glitter, it's all over my closet now) and the Bean Room sign (cocoa beans, jelly beans, has beans, etc)

* random scarf from cleaning out the prop closet

* Madrigals - the butterfly costume from the year Justin Falloon jumped into the cauldron and fell off the stage (my fault), the ice cream cone shaped earrings that I forgot to turn in and then never remembered [this will be a common theme], plus all my goblets

* "Macbeth: A Kid's Cautionary Tale..." - my sequined-covered overalls from my costume, one of the audience response signs

* "12 Angry Jurors" - the hideously tacky gold watch that didn't even work half the time, another thing I forgot to turn back in at the end of the run; plus, all those yellow slips with the truly classic "verdicts" (cheese, ninja love, etc)

* "Women and Wallace" - that awful pair of overalls that served as a costume, the box from the jujufruits

* "Beautiful Bodies" - part of the wrapping paper from the baby shower gifts, possibly a paper-mache green bean somewhere

* "Tender Offer" - THE TUTU, the gloves (and I'm so leaving them on the string forever), hair ribbon from the pigtails, five different versions of "Caroline in the Morning" logging space on Merv

Where would I be without theatre when it came to halloween costumes? Can you imagine what I could piece together just out of that list? (Too bad it's December...)

No comments: