Tuesday, December 16, 2003

(There's a lesson here somewhere, I can smell it!)

I always find it odd that I update like a helion (aka - often, I don't actually know what a "helion" is, except perhaps helium's third cousin) while at school when I should be battling the world of papers, icky required classes, and memorizing lines for whatever show I'm gotten involved in....yet my posting goes all to rot once I go home and spend all my time watching movies and re-re-organizing my music files.

Anyway, I am back home in Sullivan, as of Sunday evening. I was supposed to come home Saturday evening/night-ish, but a little bitty snowstorm stranded myself and Dad up in the Ville (though at different locations) until the following afternoon. This meant more hunting time for Dad and more movie-watching/playing in the snow/falling asleep at weird times college fun for me.

Um.....additional news (the news you can lose!): plans to see "Return of the King" with St. Louis TSU buddies may fall through as I apparently don't have a ticket (or, at least, no one can confirm that I do). Not only does it mean no dress up fun (I'm going with some truly fanatic people), but it also means no crazy slumber party-ness at Krista's house prior and post-movie viewing. It also means I've already called Kirksville twice in the aproximately one day I've been home; probably a new record for those of you playing at home.

Additional additional news: I now need white go-go boots. Sure, the black seemed like enough, but now, I need other options. While on the trip home (busy taking our time to reach the final destination), Dad and I stopped at a Goodwill store, so I now have two new dresses ($6 each!). One's all nice and serious looking, but the other.... Well, it's short and completely covered in teal-green sequiens. (Are you sensing the need for the white boots now?) I've already gotten plenty of fun out of it, as it's funny to wear for even just five minutes, laugh hysterically, and take it off again.

Additional (x3) news: I'm shopping around for opinions on a new hairstyle. I'm getting it chopped off in January, and taking enough off to donate it (which I probably could've done a zillion times by now), so it'll already be around shoulder-length without any effort). Thoughts beyond that? I've had basically the same style since I was born, so I'm ready for a new thing.

No comments: