Sunday, February 15, 2004

In honor of "High Fidelity:"

(because you should never pass up a chance to watch John Cusack in a movie that shows how wretched guys are at relationships on Valentine's Day)

Hannah's Top Five Parts She Could Never Play (and why)

1. Lady Macbeth - been craving this since high school, but nobody would ever buy me as "evil," so I'm stuck with the nine year old parts

2. Evita - any version, any venue; if I were an alto who looked fab as a blonde, I'd so own this part

3. O'Reilly, Holly Hunter's character from "A Life Less Ordinary" - I love Holly Hunter so much in this movie, and the go-go boots are just icing

4. Audrey from "Little Shop of Horrors" or Adelaide, "Guys and Dolls" (TIE) - both are the blonde with the fab Noo Yawk accent who long for more out of life...and I wish I could do either justice

5. Lois Lane/Bianca, from "Kiss Me, Kate" - her song from the second act, "Always True to You"--I love that song. But I'm not a dancer, and that part totally is, so that's that.

No comments: