Friday, April 23, 2004

The Writing on the Wall

Drood has been over for a week now (that long?), which is notable only because I don't flip into British as much as I used to. Granted, I still flip into the dialect without thinking about it--like some days when I go Southern for no apparent reason--but on not such a gigantic scale. I blame my Shakespeare scene for the little that I do, as, even though we were asked not to do the scenes in British, my brain automatically translates it over.

Unfortunately for me, I still DO have the songs from the show floating around in my skull...though they're winding out. I've been reorganizing my music files lately and listening to a little bit of everything (including the Drood soundtrack), so that keeps my inner jukebox from focusing on one theme.

Unfortunately more for everyone else, I'm still never around, as I'm now flitting to one-act rehearsal during the time I used to backstage talking in a British dialect and dancing to the show music. I've become a whole lot better at checking my phone messages, though, so I appreciate receiving them. And, just a bit of FYI-ish-ness...if you're popping by my room and find I'm not there, it is okay to leave me a message on my board instead of just telling me later. Dudes, I love message board messages. That was a hideous sentence.

No comments: