Thursday, May 06, 2004

"Hi, I'm Hannah. I'll be your dead body!"

I'm dropping the film off today, so the story can only get better once everyone sees photos of me looking all dead and all, but the entire absudity of hanging out with other people wearing blood and fake wounds, lying stylized on the pavement in a pool of fake blood. It was pretty great hanging out with the EMTs and etc, talking about what this wound would come from, previous accidents, and how awful we all look.

I ended up not under the car, but thrown through the windshield (I assume). Basically, I got to lie artisitcally on the road while one of the EMTs poured [literally] a bucket full of fake blood around my head, which slowly slid downhill getting into my hair, staining my neck and the top of my shirt. And, naturally, there was that whole "trying not to look like I'm breathing" thing while Matt L. sat crying over me, his "little sister."

The part that seems to be the coolest to everyone around? Riding around in the body bag--well, I WAS dead. It actually was way freaky to just go all limp and not focus on anything going around me. Sure, the coroner was talking to me the entire time, this is what's happening and "watch your head" type stuff, but everyone was still supposed to pretend that it was the real deal.

Heavy stuff. That's why we spent all "backstage" time joking around, I'm sure. Maybe we Truman students will never see a real accident like this, but those guys will and have in the past.

I'll scan in the pics as soon as I get the film back.

No comments: