Wednesday, June 23, 2004

And no new ticks when you're in a boat!

Around eight-thirty this morning my job became the grooviest ever, as I spent most of my work day out on the river, crusing along, getting muddy (I was in charge of making sure the boat didn't drift off while someone else got out to place MDC signs on the bank), and enjoying the banter of a guy who looked and acted like Gene Hackman in "The Royal Tennenbaums" and a younger guy who looked like Shawn from high school.

Did I mention I was paid for this? And not Wal-mart prices?

Anyway, this is the golden two week period between setting out gypsy moth traps (finished last Thursday) and non-stop checking (after the 4th, in July) where my brother generally ended up with campsite clean-up. I, however, have been blessed by the Forestry department by riding around on landowner visits (I spent over an hour in the car to ride to some lady's house to spend approximately five minutes on why her tree died and fifteen minutes on her grandchildren), general Forestry errands, and now river work. I'm prunning things tomorrow.

This is way better than being stuck in a car 8+ hours daily. Though that's still better than Wal-Mart fulltime.

No comments: