Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Only related because I saw him this weekend: Caleb, Grandma wants Christmas lists by October

Apparently, my impromptu (though I'm sure my Mom wouldn't describe it as thus) trip home over the long weekend truly was as some people didn't even realize I was leaving until they read the dry erase board note. I almost missed out on cheesecake because of this.

I did, however, get to hang out at home, a feat I'd imagined wouldn't happen until Thanksgiving or so. Shopping with my Mom is just as fun as ever, comparing notes with my brother just as pop reference-y, and my Dad still has amazing enthusiasm for my class projects.

The cat is--naturally--still the cat.

I ended the holiday with a $10 Vanna sequin dress, fortune cookies, the start of a new 4-Year Plan (did anyone else know I could actually graduate in four years, majors, minor, and all?), doubles of so many photos, more food than I was actually planning on squirrelling away from home, and a half-hour ride with a rusty loom.

Not bad for a girl who figured she was going to read "The Oresteian Trilogy" all weekend, huh?

No comments: