Saturday, November 06, 2004

Since some time has passed...

I hate when I'm in a bad mood after rehearsal (like last night, and frankly after most of the practices we've had since the first week), because--in my world of How Theatre Should Work--that's not how things happen. When stuff is coming together and everything's getting done productively, I don't come home grouchy and put out and needing to not hang out with other human beings until I get past the petulent stage, but that's not where this show is yet (with slightly over a week to go), and that's fueling my mood lately. Plus, it doesn't help that, even after all these years, I still don't take criticism well (whatever it might be), and when you throw that in with everything else, no wonder I feel like burning my script.

On the positive side of the universe, we managed our first entire run-through last night (how many weeks again?), and Leroy [my puppet] has become quickly loved by the cast. Quote from Stacey: "Oh! He's made from chocolate bars and kittens and everything else good!"

No comments: