Saturday, November 20, 2004

Tonight I regain my life. Really.

Until then...snapshots from the past week-ish (It's like the "Weekend in Bullets" plus the rest of the week!):

* [From the first night of the play, while "Dream the Impossible Dream" was playing] KEVIN: Hey, guys, let's do this tonight. ME: What, 'right the unrightable wrong?'

* When you reach the point that it's natural for your legs to hurt, that's when you need to finish your play.

* But it never gets old to show off bruises and other battle scars. I have a killer bruise/scrapped up section on my left leg from tripping over a large black block last night during photo call.

* ME: Repeat after me. Daniel. Ruben. *Stein*. Daniel. Rubenstein. Daniel Rubenstein. If you're going to taunt me with something, at least say the name right.

* Theatre game that never gets old, especially with new people: Donkey Says, Donkey Does.

* I've discovered that I like Hist and Lit better when I stop listening to all the background information that we're lectured at about (and then never use again) and plot out other things.

* Ooh! I have ice cream in the fridge!

* Good present in the mail: random travel brochures from an unknown source. Better present in the mail: random CD from an unknown band trying to get their music out by sending it to students off college directories. It wasn't to me, but I totally have a copy burned already.

* Bad idea: staying up until 8 a.m. to finish a costuming project. Good idea: finishing the costuming project. And sleeping.

* The sleep feature on the TV is my friend.

* BRENT, during [the 2 1/2 hour plus] photo call last night: I wish this was the Old Testament, you know, with all those geneology sections. 'Okay, guys, we've got the 12 Tribes of Israel part, let's skip ten pages.'

* It's never encouraging when your father knows more about London accommodations than you do, and you're the one trying to sell him on the trip.

* Apparently, I *can* write a research paper in half a day.

* Melissa's fun in her bitter, broken-up stage, when we get to plot awful things to do to Ben [they broke up, y'all]. Also, she bakes!

* I refuse to allow a stupid computer program [Excel] to act smarter than myself. Even if it isn't actually stupid and does even addition math better than I ever could.

* JOHN: The show was actually really good, even with all the warnings you had. But the puppets are still my favorite part. ME: You're not supposed to tell me that; that's not what we're trying to do. JOHN: Sorry.

* When you pull off an entire dress (with a $&*)Q@ ruffle and everything), and most of the rest of your class makes just a skirt, you don't have to worry about the grade anymore.

* It's taken me since my first show in high school, but I can finally do my own eyeliner. Correctly, in fact.

No comments: