Thursday, December 09, 2004

Running Commentary

notes from the marathon writing of my ten page research paper for hist and lit:

* It would help to start typing.

* I swear, if this wasn't a major class (and I really, really didn't want to take the final), I'd just skip writing this paper and start studying for the final.

* Three pages of the wall reliefs originally illustrating my play probably can't count in the page limit, huh?

* Heaven help me, I just referenced Mamet's Oleanna, the play I've probably had the most violent reaction to in my life (as in, if I'd been reading a version of it instead of watching the movie, I probably would have thrown it out a window AND set it on fire)

* I just coughed so hard, two books almost fell off Melissa's bed!

* Block quotes are so entirely my friend.

* Typed in when I was about to leave for Wal-Mart: "Feel free to write yourself while I’m gone. We’re ready to hit stuff about Horus as the king and vis versa, so go to it. Thanks, Microsoft Word."

* (back from Wal-Mart) C'mon, what's wrong with you Word? I thought we had a deal!

* Go-Go boots, though fun to wear while walking around campus, are obnoxious after sitting in a chair for awhile.

* One of these times, leaning back in the chair, I'm not going to catch myself and I'll end up with a concusion or worse.

* Not words: participlate, diety, and Steindorff (at least, if you ask me)

* I chew a disgusting amount of gum while working on papers.

* And I totally just added "Notting Hill" into my paper on Egyptian theatre. This is the best/worst paper ever!

* Ah, font! My favorite thing to screw around with...especially when I'm desperate.

* Scariest thing in the world: the full nine pages disappearing before my eyes.

* Finished finished finished! ... and now to revise...

No comments: