Saturday, February 05, 2005

Georgia on My Mind

I'm freshly back from the free showing of "Ray" and I'm a little underwhelmed. Jamie Foxx was just as fab as everyone's been saying (though, I personally thought I might've enjoyed him even more if I hadn't come to the thing expecting him to meet expectations that he did meet...if that makes sense to anyone except me). I didn't care for some of the directing choices (yes, I know he's kicking a heroin addiction; that doesn't mean you need to overdo the spinny camera), and that dream thing took me out of the whole movie. The music--the main attraction, if you will--was beyond amazing and makes me want to put "Mess Around" on rotate for the rest of the night. Besides, there's nothing like seeing a movie with the entire row behind you filled with what looks to be most of the Truman black linebackers making comments about the music like they've had seven years of band. Priceless, just like my admission.

No comments: