Sunday, March 06, 2005

One last post, and we'll try to move beyond Cabaret

The Weekend in Bullets just keeps giving:

* A marketing test is not the best way to start the weekend.

* Going all student ambassador-like on someone who's visiting a theatre class (Hey, Alex!) and bonding over feather boa collections totally is.

* Also a good option: getting asked to stage manage a show...and asked about feelings toward sushi in the same breath.

* That phone call from the Muny was that much sweeter because the guy kept saying "No worries" like the turtle from Finding Nemo.

* Amanda! String Cheese! I don't think she can hear you.

* Siblings are fun to show off to all your friends.

* Matching Harry Potter band-aids are a fashion statement, yo.

* Last night of Cabaret: an apropo feather boa, chocolate for all the ushers, twenty-six additional people off the waiting list, and six parents and ticket holders showing up after the show started. Friday was not the night to be the house manager.

* On the other hand, I was one foot away from the St. Louis Schweigingle (sp?) man for three minutes and didn't even realize it until later.

* Tour days are just less fun all the time. Ask me questions, dang it!

* A morning spent with applications, accounting, and throwing pillows at people's head balances out more than you'd originally picture.

* Look for Melissa and myself featured in the Index's Peeps article, sometime soon.

* My brother is wonderful because he'll sit through Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights without complaining or even mocking back much.

* I request that we take over a quarter of Bellaccino's more often, even if only to get me better access to pizza grinders and such.

* Falling asleep while everyone else plays Settlers (and one player declares Jihad on those who stood against him): slightly embarrassing...but hey, then I was asleep and didn't care.

* Falling asleep in Satchmo, however, is a wonderful experience as he makes the best squishy mattress you will ever find, and we should almost have that many people in our room slumber-party style again just for that.

* If the stage manager for my show arrived to rehearsal after the last [five minute late] actor did, I'd be beyond ticked at this moment. Although, maybe I'd be used to it by now, since she's done so every rehearsal she's been able to attend so far. (Somewhere in there I stopped simply supposing; you can probably pick it out.)

* I'm apparently a lamp now. Go ahead, clap twice: I get brighter!

* Root beer flavored Dum-Dum suckers: not a real substitute for root beer or any other carbonated beverage.

* I swear, if whoever's thinking about me at this moment and thus making my nose itch doesn't stop it, I'm going to track him/her down and punch them in the nose.

* Is that actually thunder outside? Because, dude nothing spells the true beginning of spring like a spot of electricity and water mixing where I'm walking. (And I totally mean that in the best, non-sarcastic way possible.)

No comments: