Monday, June 20, 2005

Everyday feels the same...and they're all Tuesdays

The [insert time period here] in Bullets:

* The beautiful thing about running errands: even if you end up having to pay for something yourself or keeping track of mileage or something like that, it all pops up in your paycheck.

* Speaking of paychecks, those free sodas (with ID and provided container) really don't make up for the fourteen hour days. Perhaps the rumor of free kettle korn (yet unproven) will stand in [part of] the gap.

* Speaking of freebies, it pays to strike up conversation with other employees you don't know yet.

* New shirts: one Starlight ringer, one glow-in-the-dark Starlight t, one "He's a Tramp" shirt from On the Record

* Crap intern jobs: carrying deck chairs from one pavillion to another, pulling furniture from the asthmatic props barn, taking lunch orders

* Cool intern jobs: shadowing backstage for the national tour show, hotel relations before actors arrive, rental car shuffling (aka Road Trip!)

* I successfully completed my first day without getting lost while driving a single time yesterday. I've been driving for errands nearly every day since, oh, Thursday of the first week.

* Getting lost is officially called "pulling a Hannah" now (the officially comes from it not just being me using the phrase)

* Additionally, all the cell phone talk comes from the night I truly pulled a supreme Hannah. I mean, what's better than getting lost in downtown Kansas City? Why, getting a flat tire on the way home, of course!

* I finally got the full closet space yesterday and the dresser about a day before that. I'm officially moved out of my suitcase now, thanks.

* New skills: fixing copy machine jams, making coffee, smoozing with actors/crew people, making the company manager laugh so she doesn't get upset with me, eating in forty-eight seconds

* Saddest moment: that flat tire was a pretty big bummer, but I think it was worse when I still had to come into work the next day at nine after being out until almost two a.m.

* Most ecstatic moment: being asked for a copy of my resume by the head stage manager of the national tour, based mainly off talking to him before the show about Truman, life in general, and some previous experience....plus, making him laugh about a jillion times in the two-ish hours I spent with him specifically.

* Actually making it back home when it's still today (as in, not leaving for work on Tuesday morning and not returning to the driveway until early-early Wednesday morning) is the best feeling in the world.

No comments: