Saturday, June 04, 2005

Um...hi (fill in the echo for yourself)

I know I haven't been posting since the theatre banquet, as I'm reminded every one of the few times I've popped online the past three-ish weeks. I have considered throwing something up on the internet--and not just because some people have given me a hard time about not posting, Melissa--but what am I going to talk about? "Oh, I packed a few more boxes today...you know, no one should ever allow me to buy a journal again until I fill all the ones I already own...gee, who knew I had so much stuff crammed into my room?...got almost stuck under my bed again, wow I must've once been completely flat all around to fit under there..."

Okay, I guess we get a little colorful by the end, but I've mostly been in denial about the whole move. I think everyone might be, to some extent, but it caught up with me first since I'm the first of the family to truly move out. Sure, Caleb's mostly not here, but he keeps popping in on weekends to pack, like Dad, so they both can see this as home. Mom's here all the time and will be until the house finally sells and everything left moves out. Me? I'll be back out of KC mid-August, once the fifth show (Hello Dolly) finishes its run and they release me into the real world again.

I happily haven't started crying yet during this post, so I'm going to head off to bed while the pillow will stay dry. I know it's coming (there's a possibility we'll be completely moved out by the time I can come home again and I won't see this house again), but it'll just delay my getting to bed and I still have to sort through food and shoes (the two staples) in the morning.

No comments: