Tuesday, December 20, 2005

"So, how long do you think we can disappear?"

Break in JC is basically all I pictured it would be thus far, what with the sleeping in and watching of way too many DVDs and all the origami making (slightly unexpected, but I'm happily catching up to my page-a-day calendar with only about a week of the actual year left) and that beautiful lunch of oreos I consumed yesterday.

We're aiming to head out of town either tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how dam crisis control works out (my Dad had actually been talking to the Ameren people for quite awhile before the recent disaster/flooding/what have you). I'm looking forward to the extra space and the hot showers (have I mentioned that the hot water heater doesn't hold out long here? No one really mentioned it to me though, smart girl that I am, I figured it out.), as well as all the family-ness before January hits again and someone (ooh! pick me!) needs to take Caleb's stuff to Wyomming so he doesn't live in an empty apartment with just what he can load on the plan or ship by box.

Anyway, posting/emailing/interneting will be hit and miss for break, as it's a little cold to justify the walk to the library...at least until I finish all the origimi folding.

1 comment:

Caleb Michael said...

Co'mon! It's like a two-mile hike, one way, to the library. How hard is that?

Okay, attitude aside, sorry about the shower. I thought I had warned you about it's 90-second hot water capacity that takes a while to replenish itself, which is why I always showered in the early afternoon.

Congrats on the DVD and oragami, though. Have fun/be careful of paper cuts.