Sunday, January 01, 2006

____ of the Year List

I'm foregoing an actual list since I kept creating crap categories. I've seen some movies I loved, movies I'd fogotten I loved, and some movies I could happily forget. The year had both the good and bad times, but I wouldn't be able to single out a specific time frame that either fit "atrocious" or "divine." Moments, yes; months, no. I cannot pick a favorite CD since I've purchased/gained too many in the past week and haven't popped Ella into the player yet and the amount of stress prevented much new book reading.

All the dresses I bought this year were red, and two were shiny. This, I'm sad to say, could characterize my 2005 in fewer words than anything else. Life was flashy, life was splashy, and it brought the accessories.

Beyond that, my yearly (birthday) song moved from Only the Good Die Young to Don't Let Go at twenty-one. Let me state that again: I turned twenty-one. I also sort of but not really got married at the theatre banquet thanks to online-registered ministers. My friends are excellent sports at the crazy.

I gained my first professional theatre job and first professional power suit (one resulted in some of my favorite sleep deprived nights and the other in my favorite compliment--that I'm not sharing). Directing a show did *not* leave me a sniveling mess and it finished with both a strong product and a cast I was sad to leave. This resulted in a confounded typewriter, for which is still have few words. I also pulled off an A, my own post-Christmas miracle (so much for telling Lee I didn't care what he thought).

I've mostly learned to laugh at myself though I don't always remember what's so funny. This last semester has been my most sleep-deprived yet--I have the large quantit of film to prove it--and therefore one of the most entertaining, memorable sections of my life.

Ahead: continue to "don't let go" as time permits, cut back on the stress-induced caffeine consumption, consider possibly sleeping more, invest in some pencil skirts to make the typewriter even more worthwhile, and ply the charm all around. Also, aim for better constructed sentences, keep up with the final semester, and consume a multitude of sugar (which admittedly might affect that sleeping thing).

No comments: