Tuesday, April 11, 2006

need to blow-dry my hair/tying up loose ends addition

* I moved out of the Party House yesterday, which was appropriately sad (especially once I moved back into the dorms and had to leave my giant Pile Of Mess before running off for food-rehearsal-Ambassadors). My final act would've been playing the piano, but I stopped to help a baby bird stuck in a bush out front (simple snip of string). Somehow, that was better. Though I will miss that piano.

* Rehearsal, you say? Not again, Hannah! I'm on deck crew for the musical, and don't do much beyond pushing/pulling some platforms, a bit of flyrail, and the huge doors at the back. I'll mostly be backstage, singing along between flights of homework.

* When I'm not elsewhere, of course, like the GRE tonight. Oh, silly GRE, and your testing of my mathematical skills.

* The gigantic new Ambassador training went well this weekend, despite the sucking up of my afternoon/early evening. The night tour was even better, as it offered release from rehearsal AND crazy stories about the University (some I already knew, plus one I told to the group). Favorite story: back when the quad was mostly a lake, it was tradition for a boyfriend to steal one of the lilypad flowers for his girlfiend as a sign of affection. Actually, more than affection, since then President Kirk paid the campus janitor to sleep in Baldwin's basement in case someone tried to swim out to the flowers in the lake. If the janitor heard anything? Shoot them, was Kirk's command, and many shots were fired at students over the years (though obviously no one was hurt). The campus police now claim this janitor as their first officer.

* How's schoolwork coming among all this? Let's not ask silly questions.


EDITED: (1:15ish) I have a happily official letter telling me the Fine Arts Department wants to give me an award of some form. I hope there's a summer job attached.

EDITED: (1:55) And now I'm on hold with the Computer-Based Testing Center, since someone apparently scheduled me to take the GRE at 1:30 instead of 6:00. Thankfully, the offical card THEY gave me says 6:00, so I hopefully won't be out any money. Just a minor headache and kink in the Box Office phone line.

No comments: