Sunday, April 30, 2006

never did nap - showing?

I'm turning Macbeth into a (short) comedy for my Hist/Lit paper. I'm realizing there's places not meant to be in a comedy and am attempting to work around such. However, I'm more entertained by the little details I'm throwing in for my own amusement rather than cultural accuracy (which then gain a works cited spot and should therefore be bumped up a rank on my list of things to add).

Fav thus far: Because King Duncan and Banquo are just playing a trick on Macbeth, and will see what hilarity will ensue. Instead of a pack of witches, B and M meet a traveling fair (where B reinterprets their words to be the prophesy, blah blah blah). The only reason I settled on something was to mock the most famous stage direction in all Shakespeare, letting my main guys "Exit, pursued by a fair."

No comments: