Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign

I'm going to ignore (now that it's finished, of course) that the senior exit portfolio is due tomorrow. And that I just got an email about the graduation fair next week to help me square away everything I need in one simple half hour. And that I'm signed up for the GRE. And the email about working in the box office "one last time." And all the other, non-graduating people with an ongoing countdown until the end of the school year. And the "week twelve" (of sixteen) label on my senior seminar syllabus.

And, basically the fact that it's April and all that the fourth month stands for (at least, in the view of "filled with all sorts of school crap that's suddenly due").

I will maintain breathing. I will graduate. I will go on the European Adventure. I will dance at various weddings and possibly one family reunion. I will laugh and probably cry multiple times within the next month, one hopefully more than the other. I will quote and be quoted, act like a small child in and out of children's theatre class, and work backstage as long as they'll have me. I will turn in papers, but mostly I'll scream at "LOST" with friends and lose sleep to late-night movies and card games. I will clear off my desk for easier homework access, but mostly to have somewhere for the crafts to go.

But first, I will maintain breathing.

No comments: