Monday, May 08, 2006

Back in Black

The theatre banquet, by virtue of finals week/one-acts, has a knack for landing around my birthday. Likewise, I pick my motto for the year based on whichever song I hear first (technically, in its entirety) on the actual date. I'm starting to think--based on what Merv attempted to serve up this year--I should just base it on whatever I hear last at the banquet. Anyway, a few other highlights:

* Sophomore year we didn't stay at the dance long enough to see midnight there (others were tired, I had a portfolio to finish throwing together, etc.), but I was still in my dress when "Only the Good Die Young" came on at 12:01. I like to believe this explains some of my actions over the year, such as several car "altercations" during gypsy moth/snow, taking on way more crazy amounts of shows than before, and kinda sorta gettign "married" at the following theatre banquet.

* Again ending at my birthday's doorstep, the junior year banquet started with many declined offers of now-legal beverages and "Don't Let Go," a fairly appropriate motto for the extent of my senior year. It's actually a bit too good, like my life is the class yearbook. I like to think the car sing-along while in sparkily dresses makes up for any losses.

* This year, technically I heard the road trip version of "500 Miles" (saved on my phone since April) first, but it only features a snippet of chorus and is thus denied availability. The London Symphony Orchestra's version of "Stairway to Heaven" was next on my player, paused from earlier in the day (pre-cupcake making), and again breaking the rules. So, officially, my theme song should be "Back in Black," but it makes less than sense for a year motto. Invoking a new rule, I've decided to let my exit music for the banquet count instead. Greetings, two-and-twenty....don't stop me now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Twentytwo years ago I was about to deliver my second child. You may have been born second in the birth order of our family, but you have never been second in anything. (And yes, I am counting David Kromrey as well) Happy Birthday birthday girl. Have a great one today.
Hannah's Mom

Jared Latore said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

It is a good thing I didn't request "Hurt" or "Life's Gonna Suck"--that would've really screwed you over.

Come to think of it, the last song *I* remember hearing was when Wally played "Everyone has AIDS" . . .
This does not bode well.