Monday, March 19, 2007

To everyone I know (everywhere),

I realize that I never call you anymore. I also recognize that I hardly email, facebook, IM, utilize smoke signals, or otherwise try to maintain contact with *anyone* not within my Texas theater circle. Please understand that I only see them because I work with them, and therefore they are in the best position to say things like "You need to lose some stress: sit and mock Grease," or "Why are you not asleep while you can be?"

I worked on three different shows (rehearsals, performances, and dress runs) this weekend. I'm angry at myself for dropping the ball on one show, but then I get reminded (by those above) that I'm stretched a bit thin, attention span-wise, and somewhat justified (except that it's not, but I appreciate the encouragement, anyway).

I'm only on here because I'm waiting for laundry to finish before I can go on errands, and I'm avoiding for five minutes longer the awkward conversation I'm about to have re: why all the things I asked production departments to do for Red Fern apparently haven't been accomplished yet.

And then I will eat leftover pancakes for lunch. With ice cream.


(EDITED LATER TO ADD:)
Just got off the phone with the wonderful, amazing TD who was a wealth of answers and helpful advice, and just as ready to roll with things as I am at the moment. Now I'm just hoping the director will be kind enough to hold off on calling me back until tomorrow.

No comments: