Monday, April 16, 2007

crumbs

* In today's battle of "is it a cold, or is it allergies?," the clear winner is more uncertain than most since I spent the morning hacking on phlegm and the afternoon has transformed into sneezes.

* I'm sorry that I just mentioned phlegm.

* I love Mondays off, and am incredibly sad that I won't have another until after my next box office shift (in May, I believe). Mondays are a fabulous way to get things done (what? I can go do other things, within regular office hours?), but I've lately used them for a bunch of nothing. I need spots of nothing.

* Probably, my logical side will rear its head again once the money is in hand (or bank account, as is more likely), but if I had $200+ at the moment, I know exactly what mp3 player I'd purchase.

* I was pleased that, after everything else that happened in the movie, "Children of Men" decided to leave about two ounces of hope at the end. I was rather afraid there wouldn't be anything left to dwell on but the utter bleakness of the world.

* Who's gonna be singing along with the homicidal plant, et al, on the big screen this evening (for only $6)? While consuming who-knows-what-yet food items? God bless big city stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's neither cold nor allergies. It may be a curse.

Annie said...

Is that the same Alamo Drafthouse that they always talk about on AICN? Because I'm very jealous of you and all your cool movie-viewing opportunities of that's the case.

Little Shop, I take it?

Hannah said...

AICN specifically talks about the Austin, which is the original in the franchise. I am pleased to be close enough to its Houston cousin to indeed watch Little Shop.

Annie said...

Still jealous, even if it's not the original. Have fun. I may have to watch that myself this weekend.