Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I *am* unpacked if you count things in heaping piles as "unpacked."

Greetings, I am no longer in Missouri. For those of you who did not realize I was in Missouri, this is because I am a (mostly) amazing secret keeper...in this case to the point of some people never realizing I was there/realizing too late to actually make plans to see them. That is both my fault and the full reasoning behind planning to never sneak-up surprise people across several state lines again. (The world shall see how quickly I forget that promise.)

Anyway, it was wonderful to see the family and friends that I did stumble on, especially after the five or ten month absence (depending on who you were). There were boxes sorted, marshmellows burned, birds watched, and all manner of relaxation that I needed before hitting my summer of Jane Austen.

Likewise, though, upon my return to the south there was a bit of "High School Musical" watching (and threats of the sing-along), queso in the fridge, talk of Spamalot walk-up tickets, and daisies not yet fully bloomed and therefore not yet missed. I guess I have a bit of home here now, too, and Mom, don't cry on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to have you home. I can't wait for it to happen again.
Hannah's Mom