Friday, June 27, 2008

east central division

It hit me yesterday evening, while explaining to Deb why I wasn't at soccer practice, that this illness/allergies thing is just a less severe repeat of junior year of high school. That spring I magically developed allergies (along with a killer cold) right as I was finishing up papers, assistant direction the spring play, and singing in approximately twenty-five vocal groups for district contest. I'm not quite that hard-hit this time, but the similar congestion + throat weirdness started a week into my double scheduled life (and has only grown since).

Ways I medicated (last time): still singing with all my vocal groups, developing sign language to use with actors, nose spray, Claritin, cough syrup

Ways I'm medicating (this time): walking lost in the rain for an hour, making nice small talk with the pharmacy guy, avoiding actors for one night, Mexican Coke, nose spray, Claritin, gigantic pills

No comments: