Saturday, June 07, 2008

the woodpecker sighs

I've apparently been asleep for the past three years, given the number of emails, voicemails, and text messages I've gone through this morning. Other proof of this idea, the conversation I had with myself last night, reading in bed:

You're about to fall asleep.
-I know.
Don't you want to turn out the light first?
-Would I have to move?
About a foot and a half.
-How about we compromise, and I just take my glasses off?
...Yeah, okay.

Thus, how I woke up this morning with lights on, magazine in hand, and glasses on my night stand.

It's been a long week (no, really, Hannah?), but a mostly enjoyable one. All the freaking out I did this time last week hasn't played out ("yet," as one might say). I just don't know how to tactfully tell people that I'm tired, now that I have a day to finally crash, and thus am probably about to go running just as much as any other day this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over the phone:
"Sure, I'd love to go! Let me grab my..."
*false-yet-realistic vomitting sounds*
"...oh, nevermind. I should probably stay home and clean this up."
Day off. Done and done.