Sunday, August 10, 2008

Would you like to hear about my life is more than 160 characters at a time?

Greetings, universe at large! Since last we talked, I've had my luggage "misplaced" twice (once on either side of Wyoming), hiked approximately 25 million miles around the national parks, had a joyful reunion with my typewriter (here to join me in Texas at last), hosted my mom, grandma, aunt, and cousin for an extended weekend of sleeping on my couches, took fields trips to the beach and NASA, cheered at the crazy baseball game where two runners hit home at the same time, survived the first real tropical storm/hurricane threat since moving here, stage managed a magic show, and potentially broke a toe.

Also, I apparently decided that extended run-on sentences were acceptable. (You already knew I liked them in general, right?)

It's weird to think that I've finished my double theater duty for the summer. (C'mon, people not in the know, you didn't actually think I was at a real soccer practice?) As much as my heart lives in children's theater, it was wonderful to venture back to other times of performance, like the big broadway musical and the "magic and movement" that closed yesterday. All the basics are the same, but there's different challenges (Why do parents take children to the bathroom five minutes before the show ends? That's not how the orchestra played the song last night. You have seven feet of curtain space between you and the audience to do what needs done - go.) to all three.

What will I do with my copious amounts of free time, you ask? Box office shifts, for one, as I've done about three the entire summer up to now. (Sleep is a close second, though.)

1 comment:

Meg_23_c2o said...

I like the idea of you doing a magic show. It's very fitting.