Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Dear Ants, I would be much less likely to squish you to deathville if you wouldn't bite me between my toes. Love, Hannah

Why between the toes? It boggles the brain.

I'm so glad that I picked up on the urge to weed/sweep/generally spruce our backyard (such as it is) when I did, because this week has been the perfect "sitting outside enjoying life" weather. Of course, it's also made me want to put out some bird feeders, buy some plants that have already made it past the seed stage and would therefore already be blooming, and possibly buy a tree. Did you know that I've spent quite a bit of time lately wondering how affective it would be to spread out a bunch of potting soil and scatter some wildflowers, just to fill in the otherwise weedy parts of the yard? Clearly, I'm great at thinking in moderation and practicality lately.

Only somewhat related (per usual): what I miss most about having a real backyard (as in, more than my 20'x5' along the back of the apartment) is a hose hooked up to an outdoor faucet for that crisp, metallicy taste of summer.

3 comments:

will said...

Holy crap. The title of this post directly correlated to the content.

Anonymous said...

There is a fair amount of your daddy in you, girl! At least, as far as birds, trees and feeders. The flowers part comes from me.
Hannah's mom

Travis said...

I always wonder that, when thinking they are under attack by this thing so huge that they probably can't even see all of it, bugs think that biting it will do any good. Generally speaking, when bug bites human, human wins.

Unless, of course, you have a battalion of army ants in your back yard, in which case Houston has a problem. (Do army ants come in battalions? I'm going to say yes.)